About ESG Global Advisors
As a trusted partner of both companies and investors, we are driven by an informed belief that Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues matter and that businesses that incorporate them into their decision-making stand to thrive over the long-term. We are passionate pragmatists. We know that incremental change has an exponential impact over time. That’s why our team of senior-level professionals—all with deep experience in the Capital Markets—works with you every step of the way, to develop an approach to ESG that adds value now and in the future.
Established in early 2019, our firm has established a diverse client base consisting of asset managers, asset owners, and corporations from a range of sectors. Our team members are in high demand by boards, senior executive teams, industry associations, and conference organizers seeking to understand current best practices and emerging trends in the rapidly evolving areas of ESG, including climate change.
Your Role & How You Will Contribute
We are looking for a Principal to join our growing ESG consulting firm. The Principal will report to the CEO and will be responsible for business development activities, client management and oversight, and day-to-day firm management. As a boutique firm, our clients value a hands-on, pragmatic approach led by our senior team. Principals should bring a deep network of contacts in Canada, the United States and/or Europe. A successful Principal will be a recognized leader in ESG with deep expertise in an industry, or a specific area of ESG (e.g., climate change, diversity and inclusion, human rights).
We believe that teams who like and respect each other produce the best quality work, and high-quality work is our top priority. We are a close-knit team that works effectively in a virtual environment. Our firm also believes in flexibility and work-life balance, and we provide remote work opportunities for team members. The successful candidate must be a team player who values a collaborative and supportive firm culture.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Our firm works with a diverse set of clients. Our corporate clients include public and private companies of varying sizes across a spectrum of industries, including a significant number in natural resource-based sectors. Our investor clients include asset owners, asset managers, private equity firms, foundations and endowments, and pension plans. Other clients include associations, not for profits, and public sector clients. We commonly deliver a bespoke scope of work, but the services we provide most commonly are described in greater detail here.
Key duties and responsibilities would include:
- Oversight of preparation and review of client deliverables.
- Business development activities including new client pitches and proposal development.
- Assist with preparation and review of ESG reporting for companies and investors in alignment with key ESG frameworks such as the SASB Standards, TCFD recommendations, CDP Questionnaires, and the UN PRI Reporting Framework.
- Project direction and management and coordination for client projects, including scheduling meetings, drafting agendas, status updates, work plans, and budget/hours tracking.
- Lead client engagements, meetings, calls, emails, and presentations.
- Leverage external profile and business network through speaking engagements, content development and client interaction.
- Develop thought leadership and blog content for posting on our website, newsletter, and social media channels.
- Support the CEO by providing strategic advice on firm growth plans based on market insights and client relationships.
- Coaching Associates and Senior Associates to support their development and career progression at the firm.
Education, Experience, Qualifications and Skills
ESG Global Advisors recognizes that no one candidate will possess the following qualifications in equal measure. In alignment with the principles of inclusion, individuals with alternative equivalent qualifications will be considered.
This is a senior-level position within our firm. We are seeking a subject matter expert with a proven track record of success in ESG and responsible investment within the capital markets. Management and team leadership experience are assets.
- Highly motivated and capable of undertaking sophisticated ESG analysis for investor and corporate clients with minimal direction and supervision.
- Strong understanding of the investor perspective on ESG.
- Strong understanding and experience reporting in alignment with key ESG frameworks including the SASB Standards, the TCFD recommendations, CDP Questionnaires, and the UN PRI Reporting Framework.
- Strong reporting skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional writing, organization and time management skills are essential.
- Strong understanding of client confidentiality.
- Experienced team player with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, meet deadlines in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Commitment to the quality of deliverables with the ability to resolve client issues before escalation in a professional manner.
- Reliable, responsible, and motivated individual with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Flexibility in hours, ability to work overtime if necessary.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Post graduate education in relevant discipline (e.g., commerce, environmental science, sustainability management).
- Experience in ESG gained at an institutional investor, a corporation or an ESG advisory firm.
- Expertise and interest in climate change, given growing client demand for climate-focused projects, is an asset.
- Fluency in French or Spanish is an asset.
- Work experience in the United States is an asset.
- CFA or CPA designation is an asset.
ESG Global Advisors is a staunch advocate for diversity in all its forms, and especially welcomes applications from members of the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour) community, women, people with disabilities, the LGBTTQQIAAP+ community, and those of diverse intersectional identities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as well as part of employment with ESG Global Advisors. In accordance with the AODA Act, for applicants with disabilities accommodation will be provided throughout the search process.
ESG Global Advisors is proud to be supported by BIPOC Executive Search as part of the selection process for this position. Our firm also enrolls all employees in BIPOC Executive Search’s equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) training program. Individuals seeking more information and/or support before applying can email Taq Bhandal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested applicants can send their resumes to email@example.com referencing “Principal” in the subject line. ESG Global Advisors invites applications from all qualified candidates. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis for this position.